Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How Fast Is Too Fast?

I received a survey tonight from my internet service provider asking about my experience with their service. While generally satisfied with the service, support and general functions, I am not satisfied with the speed of my Internet connection. Even at the highest levels. Imagine the surprise of my provider. "What? We have the fastest connection available in your area!"

So?

Is that supposed to make me feel better? No. Open up the pipes and give me service at home that is offered to high-technology businesses. Truly. Why not? Do I surf differently when I take off my coat and tie from the office and slip into my Hugh Hefner robe at home? No ... my net habits do not change from the office to the home. I like it fast, baby.

So, in the words of Sammy Hagar, "Take my license and all that jive, I can't drive 55."

No comments: