Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'm a dinosaur - you're a dinosaur - we're all dinosaurs (or we'll be on Digitas's payroll)

Yes, as the title of this New York Times article reads: It's an Ad, Ad, Ad, Ad World. The future of advertising according to Digitas turned my happy hump day into holy hell day.

I believe it was David Bowie who once said, "I've seen the future. It's Kraftwerk." For those who went through the New Wave '80's, you'll remember this band (maybe). For others, the quote is as meaningless as the band.

I'd like to think as ambitious and phantasmagorical that David Kenny's dream is ... it's likely Kraftwerk.

But ... I'm no David Bowie either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/business/media/06digitas.html?ex=1344139200&en=cce5715cb4999238&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

No comments: