Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Telecommuting Planner

Can you phone in planning? Can you web conference planning? Can you find insights in your pajamas?

I, for one, think you can. So, why is no one up for it?

I've read just about everything I could get my hands on about planning, its history, its evolution, its revolution and its forecast from some of the planets top planners in the last six months.

I read every blog from Russell, Gareth, Faris, Grant, Richard and other thought leaders.

I stay close to trend-watchers like Piers and Reinier, among several others. I'm on Facebook, Plannersphere, Flickr, You Tube and read as much as I can find on the evolution of Web 2.0.

I conduct intercept interviews, phone interviews, web groups and polls, focus groups.

I am connected with several quant firms.

I understand how to dig into the client's brand to find those energy and life sources.

I talk with AEs on client business-side matters. I talk with creatives on what's happening in the client's environment and community.

Now ........


Remind me why I need to be in your office 1,500 miles away every day from 8 - 5?


I am officially raising the flag of the telecommuting planner.

No comments: